...and here is my card:
|Card designed for this week's A La Card Monkey challenge using the Touch of Kindness set from the new Summer Mini.|
Starting with a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of so saffron cardstock, I ran it through my Big Shot with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. I then cut a circle from the flower patterned Playdate DSP using my clear circle die. I adhered it to the embossed so saffron piece so that it extended off the right edge slightly. I trimmed the excess off with my paper cutter. I then cut a 4" strip of real red cardstock and punched it using my dotted scallop ribbon punch. I adhered that across the cardfront. I then cut a piece of 1/4" tempting turquoise grosgrain ribbon (retired...it came in one of my Grab Bags!!) and laid it over top of the real red scalloped strip, so that only part of the dots and the scallops were peeking out underneath and then secured it on either end with a glue dot. I took another small piece of the ribbon, wedged it between the prongs of a real red glimmer brad and then poked the prongs through the cardfront, gathering up the adhered piece of ribbon as I did so. I opened the prongs on the back to secured the "bow". I then took a piece of watercolour paper, stamped the cat image and one of the little birds from the birdbath image in Staz-on and then watercoloured it using my ink pads and blender pen. I watercoloured the background using my aquapainter. Once the paper was dry, I sponged all the way around the edges using tempting turquoise ink. I layered the image piece on a slightly larger mat of tempting turquoise and then adhered it to my cardfront using dimensionals. For the sentiment, I stamped the flower in tempting turquoise ink on whisper white cardstock and punched it out using my 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch. I then stamped the sentiment in real red on so saffron cardstock, punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch and then sponged the edges of both pieces in tempting turquoise. Setting these aside, I stamped the stem in old olive ink on the same coloured cardstock and fussy cut it out. I adhered the stem to the back of the flower and then adhered the whole thing to the cardfront. I adhered the sentiment to the centre of the flower using dimensionals. I then adhered the whole cardfront to a tempting turquoise card base.
Cute and fun! Check out the challenge and play along...I'd love to see what you all come up with for this sketch!