Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pines and Poinsettias for Christmas

I am off on our annual Arts Retreat at school but I was on the ball enough to pre-schedule this post...are you impressed???  Given my posting track record the past couple of months, I sure am!
Today's card is one I designed for my Christmas Club last month.  It uses a set that I initially wasn't crazy about but that has grown on me as I've started to use it.  The same goes for the coordinating DSP...didn't like it much at first but now really quite enjoy creating with it.  Its funny how that happens, no?  Anyhow, here's the card:

Christmas card featuring the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set and Holly Berry Bouquet DSP.

Inside of card with sentiment from Petite pairs

Kinda pretty, huh?  I have to admit I was dead wrong about the use of wild wasabi for Christmas.  It just works so well in this paper I almost don't notice that its a colour I really don't care for!  I really love the glittery polka dotted paper in this pack...so fun and festive!  The real red satin ribbon adds just the right amount of richness to balance out the bling and keep things elegant.  The mini jingle bell adds just a touch of whimsy...can you tell I'm loving those things??  All in all a card design I will certainly use again and one my club members liked too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...