Thursday, May 24, 2012

Colour Blocked Speed

I am certainly on a roll with the man cards these days!  I often have trouble coming up with simple designs for men...I usually end up distressing and sponging and layering like crazy when trying to design something masculine.  Today's project, I'm proud to say, is super simple!  It also is suitable for this week's Masculine challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Check it out...

Quick and easy Man-card for HSS119 featuring the Need for Speed and Word Play stamp sets
I often forget what great stamps my clear mount blocks make.  For this card I created colour blocks using my A and B blocks.  I then stamped the car using my new basic black ink pad (love it!!)  This is a quick and easy way to add colour to a line-art image without actually having to colour it in.  Super fast!  The DSP is from the Big Top Birthday pack...going to miss that one come June 1st (but I'll get over it in a hurry...there are some GREAT new papers in the upcoming Catty).  I embossed the background with the houndstooth embossing folder and tore away a corner so that the sentiment (from the Word Play set) could peek through.  Fast, easy and cool enough for any teenaged boy.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea for colour 'blocking' and then you don't have to colour the car!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bright colors and car stamp make this card a lot of fun! Definitely a cute man card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget to do colour blocking! Thanks for a great reminder Leena. Will have to try this for my next 'manly' card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and love the bright colors. That color combo is so popular right now. Great use of the clear blocks for the technique! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bright color combo!!! The color blocking is perfect with the bright banners!!! Great masculine card!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea to use your blocks as stamps, Leena! And I love how quick it is to 'color' your little car, very very cool! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love all the great techniques you've used here...color blocking, paper tearing, embossing, and the cool trendy banners. It all looks great. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. You clever, clever girl! The blocks are perfect!--do you have a secret? The torn corner is so fun and I'm a sucker for banners. Thanks for playing with us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color blocking you did. Very creative. This is a great card for a teen. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this guy card! Congrats on your shout out at hss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...