Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blooming Christmas

Well, it's about time I started Christmas cards, don't you think??  Last week I was playing with the Bloom With Hope hostess set, colouring it with both Blendabilities and watercolouring, just to see what different looks I could get with it.  I didn't set out to create a Christmas Card but it sort of morphed into one. 

Christmas card featuring the Bloom With Hope stamp set with sentiment from Many Merry Messages (retired).
Now it just so happens that this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is all about Christmas in July...



...so I decided to enter this card.  We'll see what happens!

To create this look I stamped the images in black Staz On and then started with a watercolour wash in Crumb Cake all over the background of the watercolour paper.  I coloured the flower using an aquapainter and Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight ink pads.  The leaves were done with Mossy Meadow ink and an aquapainter.  Once the images had dried I stamped over the whole thing using one of the spatter images from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and gold Metallic ink.  I matted the whole thing on a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock.

For the card base I used some of the new Kraft card stock and then stamped the leaf image repeatedly all over it using Crumb Cake ink.  I also stamped the same spatter image in metallic gold to give it some shimmer.  The sentiment is heat embossed in gold, die cut using the Chalk Talk framelits and adhered with dinmensionals.  I added a wee bit of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and an Antique Brad by way of embellishment.

On the inside I stamped the leaf image again, as well as the gold spatters and then added the sentiment, from the long-retired Many Merry Messages set, in Mossy Meadow ink.

Be sure to check back tomorrow to see this same flower image coloured with Blendabilities! 

6 comments:

  1. Christmas in July! Beautiful card Leena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leena, this is a lovely Christmas card. I like the watercolour wash look, and the subtle gold splatters. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leena this is a really lovely Christmas card - I love all the background stamping and such great watercolouring. Thanks for joining the Christmas in July challenge at Just Add Ink.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this image coloured with the blendies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your watercolour panel Leena - the colours are soft and the red really glows. Love the shimmer the little gold splatters add too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool does that bloom look for Christmas! Great use of that stamp set Leena, it's a really lovely Christmas card.
    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great watercolour look. I like how you have used non-christmasy stamps to create this card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...