Monday, July 6, 2015

Wonderful Watercolor Wings

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  Mine was terrific...perfect weather, quality family time and lots of stamping :)
Today I have one of the projects we'll be making at my Watercolor Wings class this week.  It uses one of my favourite techniques...

Thank you card featuring the Watercolor Wings stamp set and using the Emerging Colours technique
To create the background panel, I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock on which I sponged patches of Lost Lagoon, Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron ink.  Then I stamped the solid small butterfly image from the Watercolor Wings set several times using Versmark ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged Night of Navy ink all over the panel.  The embossed areas resist the dark ink and allow the lighter shades to show through the clear embossing.  I love this technique, but even moreso with the butterfly images.  I completed the front panel of the card with a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock that I embossed using the Fluttering TIEF and layered it on a card base in Mint Macaron.


To create the focal image I first stamped the solid butterfly in Mint Macaron ink.  Then I stamped the outline image in Lost Lagoon and finally the detail image in Blackberry Bliss ink.  I die cut the stamped butterfly using the Butterflies Thinlits.  The top layer of the butterfly is die-cut from Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper using the Bold Butterfly framelits.  The sentiment, also from the Watercolor Wings set, is stamped in Night of Navy ink.  I used some silver metallic thread behind the butterfly and some rhinestones coloured with alcohol markers to add even more sparkle. The ribbon is the 3/8" Silky Taffeta that is currently available on the Clearance Rack.



On the inside I stamped more butterflies using the same inks I did for the focal image on the front of the card.

I wasn't too sure about this colour combination, but am really liking the way this unusal combo works together! 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Leena! I especially love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...