Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Merry Little Christmas

I am getting so excited about my upcoming Christmas card buffets this week!  It is going to be a full house each night as we get busy creating cards to send to those we love this season.  Here is another of the projects that will be on offer:

Christmas card featuring the Home for Christmas DSP and Cozy Christmas stamp set.
The inspiration for this one came from a sample I found on Pinterest by the ever-so-talented Mercedes Weber. I layered several different patterns from the Home for Christmas DSP pack to create a collage effect. I used the Angled and Ornate Tag Topper punches to create the two larger tags and the Tags and Labels Framelits for the stamped one. The sentiment, from the Cozy Christmas set, is stamped in Basic Black ink. That sweet little deer is fussy-cut from the Home for Christmas DSP...I just love his sweet little face and jolly red bow!

I also layered a Tea Lace Doily,  a gold foil poinsettia, cut with the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits and a Home for Christmas Designer button, tied with gold baker's twine. I built the card front on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock which I sponged around the edges with Whisper White craft ink. I layered that on a piece of Real Red card stock before mounting it on a Mossy Meadow card base.

On the inside I stamped another of the sentiments from the Cozy Christmas stamp set in Basic Black ink and then the bell image, also from the Cozy Christmas set, in Crumb Cake behind it.

I think this is my favourite of all ten cards I'm offering at this event. I'm sure it will be a popular one!

Here are all of the products used to create this project:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Love the "old-fashioned" feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I do too! Very retro and nostalgic. I love that whole Home for Christmas suite!

      Delete
  2. Love your card Leena, especially the layering of patterned cardstock {DSP}, and I REALLY love the card insert, with the bell stamped in a lighter colour than the sentiment ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathe. I love that look too...and it's an easy little something to add to the inside of a card. We tend to spend so much time designing the outside we often forget that people will actually read the inside too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...