Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tie-Dyed Joy

Happy Hump Day!  Two more days till the weekend, here in Canada, and for my American friends it is Thanksgiving Eve...Woohoo! Even more exciting is the fact that one month from today is Christmas Day!
To help you get in the festive spirit I have a card that features the Tie-Dye Technique for you:

Christmas card featuring the Tie-Dye technique and the Wondrous Wreath stamp set.
This was a card I made a while back, fully intending to shoot a how-to video to go with it. Unfortunately life got in the way of my shooting the video, but I love this card so much I can't wait any longer to share it.  To create my tie-dye ink pad I used baby wipes and Melon Mambo, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz reinkers. I love the way the Pool Party and Melon Mambo combined to create the  soft mauve shade as well, adding a bonus fourth hue.

I inked the wreath from the Wondrous Wreath stamp set using my homemade ink pad and then stamped on Whisper White card stock. I then stamped the accent leaves using Versamark ink and heat embossed in silver. The wreath was die-cut using the Wonderful Wreath framelits. The sentiment was also die-cut, using the same set, from silver foil sheets. The card base is a piece of thick Whisper White card stock that I embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF. I added some rhinestones and silver cording trim by way of embellishment.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Wondrous Wreath set in Melon Mambo ink and then some of the accent leaves using my tie-dye ink pad.

I love playing with colour...don't you?  Have you tried any non-traditional colour combinations for your Christmas cards this year? I'd love to hear about it!

Don't forget that the Online Extravaganza sale is on all this week.  Fabulous deals on fabulous products. Click the image below to visit my webstore and check out the savings!

Click to view the sale items!

Here is the complete list of products used to create this project:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...