Monday, April 17, 2017

Hello Sunshine

Well, just when I thought I was over that nasty flu bug, it keeps lingering on. I still have sinus congestion and a cough and it's been two weeks! Ugh! Sure wish it would leave already! I haven't spent much time in my studio since getting sick...I just haven't had the energy. I did manage to get quite a bit of rest over the long weekend, so I'm hoping that does the trick! I have a whole box of brand new product waiting for me in there.
Today I thought I would share a project we made at my Watercolour 101 class last week...

It uses the Black Magic technique, which is one that I haven't used in ages. I used to use it quite often back when Stampin' Up carried chalks, but since those went away, I haven't even thought about this fabulous technique. Enter Watercolor Pencils, which work perfectly! I used images from the Flower Patch stamp set (which is going away for ever at the end of May *sigh*) and stamped them in Whisper White Craft ink on Basic Black card stock. Once the stamped images were completely dry, I used my Watercolor Pencils to add colour to the stamped images. The smaller flowers are coloured using the Pumpkin Pie pencil and the larger using the Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Rich Razzleberry pencils. I also used the white pencil to add highlights. I had forgotten how much I love this technique and the way the colour just pops against the black background.

The die-cut sentiment is cut from gold glimmer paper using the Sunshine Sayings Thinlits. I added the stamped sentiment from the coordinating Sunshine Wishes stamp set, stamped in Basic Black ink. The only embellishments, aside from the some Melon Mambo 1/8" stitched ribbon, are some rhinestones that I coloured gold using an alcohol marker.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the same floral images, this time using Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie inks. I added another sentiment fromt he Sunshine Wishes stamp set.

I am so loving the Watercolor Pencils and discovering new ways to use them. It is such fun to rediscover old techniques and add a new spin on them. Have a super week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...