Wednesday, May 24, 2017

World's Greatest

Well, this is a surprise mid-week post! My life is gradually becoming less hectic as the school year begins to wind down and I'm finding I have a little bit more time to blog :) Now to find the time to actually do some STAMPING with my new catty goodies...that is definitely in the cards for this weekend!
Before I get to today's project, I have to give a shout out to my amazing students. Last week I took my senior concert band to perform at MusicFest Canada Nationals in Niagara Falls. They performed brilliantly and earned a gold award! I am so proud of each and every one of them for their hard work, dedication and commitment to making beautiful music. Anyone who wonders about the youth of today need only stop by my band room at 7:00 am some morning to see that we are in good hands. These are truly fabulous kids!

Now for some stamping...today I have a man-card for you. I know many people struggle designing projects for the men in their lives, so I thought I'd show you one that could work for Father's Day or a birthday, as I did here:

I used lots of retiring products on this project, so if you like what you see you'll want to act fast before they're gone for good. The background is a piece of DSP from the Urban Underground specialty pack. The word DAD is from the Urban District stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink on Very Vanilla card stock. Then I used my Delightful Dijon marker to colour selected images from the stamped letters. I chose images that relate to my own dad to personalize it a little.

I stamped "world's greatest" on a strip of vellum card stock, punched one end into a banner using the Triple Banner punch and then adhered it to the stamped panel using a glue dot at one end so that I could hide it with the twine. One of the tricky things about using vellum is you always need to think ahead to how you're going to conceal the adhesive ;)
The only embellishments I used, besides some linen thread, were some metallic sequins, which I adhered using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

 On the inside I added another Very Vanilla card stock panel and stamped a sentiment from the Super Duper stamp set in Basic Black. I added a hint of colour once again using the Delightful Dijon marker.

As I said earlier, this card could easily be transformed into a Father's Day card by simply changing the inside sentiment. Gotta love when projects can do double duty!

Have a wonderful week!




Product List

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card. I'm one of those who finds masculine cards hard to do so i appreciate the inspiration. Congrats to your band students on the great job and big award.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...