Thursday, October 12, 2017

Quilted Peace Two Ways

Have you started your Christmas cards yet? I have been designing Christmas cards since July! Today I have a project that features the Quilted Christmas bundle...one of my favourites from the Holiday Catalogue! The first card is one I made at a demonstrator training event I attended in Pennsylvania this summer. It was designed by Connie Heisey.

This is a fairly quick and simple design and, as you know if you've been following my blog for any length of time, I like to step my projects up just a touch. So I redesigned this card and stepped it up...

I love that this card totally works both ways. Quick and easy for the novice crafter (or those in a hurry!) and stepped up for the seasoned stamper. Can you spot all of the differences between the two cards? Here is a side-by-side photo...

Firstly, I added an additional layer of Real Red card stock over the card base, adhering the DSP strip to the Real Red layer and then running it through the Big Shot with the Quilt Top TEIF. I love the extra texture it adds. Using embossing folders is a simple, yet stunning way to step up any project!

Next, I used the stitched detail die on the solid Garden Green pinwheel to add interest. I also added a few sprigs of pine greenery behind the sentiment banner. I swapped out the ribbon, favouring the Real Red, which pops nicely against the greenery.


The inside of the first card wasn't decorated at all, so it was easy to step it up ;) I added a Whisper White panel, stamped a sentiment from the Christmas Quilt stamp set and adhered another strip of DSP.

Isn't it amazing what just a few extra details can do to take a project from fun to fabulous??


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...