Thursday, March 15, 2018

Iced Blooms and A Blog Hop


Well, we're officially half-way through March! I can't believe how fast this month is flying by. Of course, it helps that I'm off on March Break right now ;)

Before I get into today's project, I have some exciting news! For the final two weeks of Sale-a-bration even MORE new items have been added to the offering. This third release includes some of the most popular items from the current Occaions Catalogue...except you can earn them FREE with a $60 order! Check out all of the available items by clicking the image below:

https://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Promotions/NA/2018/Sale-A-Bration/03.15.18_FLYER_3RD_RELEASE_SAB_CA.pdf
 It's not too late to take advantage of these amazing offers. Those dies are simply...well...to DIE for and you can earn them free with a $120 order! What a deal!


Today my Stamping Symphony team is hosting our montly blog hop. This month we're all about heat embossing. This is the technique that sold me on stamping all those years ago. There's something positively magical about watching that powder melt! This theme gave me the chance to use a new technique I've been dying to try. It's called Black Ice and, boy, does it ever create a WOW! Check this out...

Now, I have to say, the picture doesn't do this card justice. It truly is stunning! And SO easy to do! I used Champagne foil and dragged my Archival Black ink pad lightly across it to create faint streaks. Then I stamped the flower image from the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set in the same ink. (Note that this technique requires the archival ink...classic ink won't stick to the foil.) Then I heat set the ink with the drying setting on my heat tool. Once it was set, I VERY lightly dragged my Versamark pad across the foil sheet. You don't want to lay down too much ink or you'll lose the ice effect. I heat embossed with clear embossing powder and that's it! So easy yet stunning!  Here's a closer look...


To assemble the rest of the card I embossed a piece of Basic Gray card stock with the Garden Trellis TIEF and mounted it on a Basic Gray card stock base. I matted the stamped panel on black, added some Basic Gray shimmer SAB ribbon and adhered it to the card base. The sentimetn is stamped in Basic Black ink and die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits. I added a little silver metallic doily peeking our under the sentiment.

On the inside I stamped the floral image again on a piece of Whisper White card stock using Basic Black ink. So simple, yet such a wow!

Ready for more heat embossed inspiration? Hop on over to Sandy's blog and be sure to tell her I sent you ;)

1. Leena (You are here)
2. Sandy
3. Barb
4. Jennifer
5. Steph

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Leena! I must give this technique a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project - can't wait to try that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I keep seeing all the beautiful cards using the black ice technique that I need to try it. I think your card would be pretty without it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...