Sunday, April 15, 2018

Hopping Through the Last Chance List

Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a good weekend. Can you believe we're already half-way through April?? It sure would be nice if we got some spring weather go match the date on the calendar. We're in the midst of a major ice storm here! So far the lights (and my computer) have stayed on...here's hoping they stay that way!

It's time for another blog hop with my Stampin' Symphony team and this month we're highlighting our favourite products from the Last Chance List. These are all products that will retire with the end of the 2017/18 Annual Catalogue on May 31st. Here is my project:


I used one of my favourite retiring stamp sets: Awesomely Artistic. This set is fantastic because all of the images layer so beautifully and truly do make one feel like an artist! I began with a piece of Wood Textures DSP (thankfully this stuff is sticking around for another year!) and then began stamping various images from the set using Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke ink (both of those colours are being discontinued as part of the Colour Revamp). I also stamped the spatter image in Versamark ink and heat embossed in gold. Here's a closer look:

The label is heat embossed in gold on gold foil card stock, giving it a faux-metal look. I added some burlap ribbon and lace trim (both of which are NOT retiring) and some Touches of Nature Wood Elements (which are going away).

On the inside I added a piece of Very Vanilla card stock on which I stamped the floral image in Always Artichoke ink and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is from another of my go-to sets that is retiring called One Big Meaning. I'm going to miss THAT one!

The Last Chance List is truly just that...the retiring items, once they sell out, are gone for ever. Don't miss picking up those must-have items. For more Last Chance List inspiration, check out the projects by these super-talented ladies:

1. Leena (You are here)
2. Sandy
3. Barb
4. Jennifer
5. Steph

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...