Monday, May 13, 2019

Farewell Lovely As A Tree

Happy Monday...I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was jam-packed with stamping...but I checked TONS of things off my To-Do List, which means a relatively relaxed week ahead. As we head closer to the launch of the new 2019/20 Annual Catalogue and the end of the school year, time is in short supply!

One of the sad things about a new catalogue is that we have to say goodbye to some of our most beloved products, as they retire to make room for the new. Lovely As a Tree is one of the sets that is going away, which has come as a shock to many of us. It is the longest running stamp set EVER...18 years! With longevity like that it MUST be an awesome set! It was actually the very first stamp set I ever bought when I discovered Stampin' Up! 10+ years ago. It has held a place of honour in my studio thanks to its versatility and the beauty of its images.


This week I am sending Lovely As a Tree off to retirement in style. I am featuring it as my product of the week! Check out this pretty, #simplestamping card I made...


I saw a similar card on Pinterest that used another stamp set and thought it would be perfect to showcase the beautiful images in this set. I masked off the Whisper White card front using sticky notes and then sponged on Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie. I love the way these colours work together!


After stamping the pine tree and the sentiment from Rooted in Nature in black ink, I added some texture by scoring lines to the left of the sponged area using my paper trimmer. I love the subtle interest it adds to the design.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment and the little pine branch image in black ink. So simple, but so, so pretty! The beautiful images in this set lend themselves so well to simple cards. It was fun to showcase them and allow them to be the star of my design!



Be sure to check out my Tuesday Live @ Five video this week for all of the details on this and two additional cards using this set. I stuck to the same colour scheme for all three to show that one doesn't need to have a whole craft room full of supplies to make pretty cards! Be sure to check it out over on my Facebook page or on the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page later in the week.

Have a "lovely" week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...