Monday, July 22, 2019

It's Christmas in July!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. It has been terribly hot and humid here. Saturday was THE WORST, but then the storms came through and Sunday was simply perfect. I took a rare afternoon off, lounging on the deck and reading a novel...it was so nice to have some downtime!

As hot as it has been, it is hard to think about cold weather, snow and Christmas, but it will come sooner than we all might like. This week I am hosting my annual Christmas in July event and I thought I would make the whole week all about holiday cards. My featured product this week is the Lots of Cheer stamp set from the Annual Catalogue...

Lots of Cheer (Item #149503)
This set is new this year and is perfect if you're like me and love to colour!  Check out this simple fun-fold card I made...


For this card I pulled out my Noble Peacock Specialty DSP...it is so beautiful! The focal image is heat embossed in silver and then coloured using the Pretty Peacock Stampin' Blends combo, as well as Light Smokey Slate. I used the Stitched Shapes dies to die-cut the white oval and then the Layering Ovals dies to cut the scalloped silver foil oval mat.


The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink. I added some gorgeous reversible ribbon and a couple Noble Peacock Rhinestones for extra shimmer and shine. I also added some clear Wink of Stella to the darker parts of the ornament, making it sooooo pretty!


On the inside I added a Whisper White layer, on which I stamped another sentiment from the Lots of Cheer set in Pretty Peacock ink and added a 1/2" strip of scrap DSP along the bottom edge.

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using the Lots of Cheer stamp set in tomorrow's Tuesday Live @ Five video. I hope you'll join me, but if you can't, be sure to catch the replay on my YouTube channel or on the Video Tutorials tab above later in the week.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a spectacular week...and merry Christmas (in July!)


Product List

1 comment:

  1. So beatuiful! I love that paper for shiny, Christmas spirit! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...