Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Have a Hoot for Halloween

 Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start and that you had a chance to celebrate World Card Making Day on Saturday with some quality crafting time. I held my virtual Stamp-a-Stack event and it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning! Now I am working on SENDING cards all week long. When was the last time you mailed one of your handmade cards? If it has been a while, this is definitely the week to do it!

Now that October is here I am turning my attention to Halloween projects. I don't typically do a whole lot for Halloween, as it isn't a big thing in our house; however, because this year is so different from every other year, I am working on some fun cards and treat packaging to make Halloween a little bit special for the people in my life. The adorable owl images in the Have a Hoot Bundle are perfect for making fun and cute Halloween projects that aren't scary or gory. Check out these little cuties:



Here's an adorable Halloween gift set I made...

Halloween Treat set

I absolutely LOVE all the Halloween plaid in the Plaid Tidings DSP pack (extra bonus: it's ON SALE in October!). It works perfectly with the adorable owls in the Have a Hoot stamp set.

Halloween treat set

I made the card as a fun fold, peek-a-boo design. I began with a Basic Black card stock base, embossing the front panel with the Cobwebs embossing folder. To create the front flap, I cut a 3-/2" x 11" piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock, added a 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Plaid Tidings DSP and then die-cut the largest circle from the Layering Circles dies to make the peek-a-boo window.

Halloween treat set

On the inside layers, I added a bit of silver Metallic Mesh ribbon behind a Mango Melody circle. It kind of reminds me of wispy clouds behind a full moon. I stamped the cute little scaredy owl in Memento black ink, both on the Mango Melody circle and on Whisper White card stock. I die-cut the owl and spider using the Peek-a-Hoot dies and popped him up on the circle. I added another cute little owl and jack-o-lantern and a sentiment from the Have a Hoot set. Both owls are coloured using Stampin' Blends.

Halloween treat set

On the inside of the card, I added a 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White panel, on which I stamped another cute owl and sentiment in Memento Black ink and then coloured them using Stampin' Blends.


My little treat box is a 3"x 3" acetate box wrapped with a belly band of Pumpkin Pie card stock and Halloween plaid. I created my moon and owl in the same manner I did on the card, adding another circle die-cut from black glimmer paper for a bit of bling. The cute little bats on both the card and treat box were die-cut using the Halloween magic dies...such a fun DIY embellishment! Speaking of fun embellishments, check out the body of the little spider...I used an iridescent pearl to give him bling and dimension.


Here is the video in which I demonstrated this project. Measurements are included in the video description on my YouTube channel.



Thanks for stopping by today...I hope you have a fabulous week!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...