Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Hey Birthday Chick...and Friends!

 Happy Tuesday...and happy Groundhog Day! (Let's be honest, much of the past year has felt a little like Groundhog Day, hasn't it?) I hope you are having a good week. Here it is COLD, so lots of indoor time, cozy sweaters and time in the studio for me!  It's also bright and sunny, so I'm guessing that ol' groundhog is gonna be predicting another 6 weeks of winter! Good thing I have lots of new products to play with!

Today marks the launch of some NEW products and the return of some old friends. Do you remember the Hey Chick stamp set from Sale-a-bration a few years ago? It was our most popular set that year and with good reason...those little chickens were SO cute! You may have noticed those same characters are back in the new January-June Mini catalogue in the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set and, in an unprecedented move, Stampin' Up! has also brought back the original Hey Chick set along with ADORABLE coordinating dies for BOTH sets! Check these out...


Hey Chick Bundle (Item #158627)


Hey Birthday Chick Bundle (Item #158631)

I have been having great fun playing with these two adorable bundles...so many fun possibilities! Check out this cute birthday card...




I used some Flower & Field Sale-a-bration DSP as my inspiration for this one. I stamped my adorable little chicken in Memento black ink and then coloured her hair and tail feathers using Fliry Flamingo and Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends. Those two colours are SO perfect together! I added used Dark Mango Melody fo the feet, beak and flame on the candle and Granny Apple Green for the cupcake wrapper and candle. Here's a closer look...



The polka dotted circle is die-cut from the True Love DSP pack and then lightly coloured with a Blending Brush using Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade inks. This is such an easy way to highlight a focal image on a design! I added a sentiment from the Hey Birthday Chick set, stamped in black, as well as some Snail Mail baker's twine. 

On the inside of my Poppy Parade card base, I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped my favourite sentiment from the Hey Birthday Chick set as well as the adorable little chick. I coloured the chick using Light So Saffron Blends.


I demonstrated this card from start to finish, along with two other adorable projects in the video below:


Measurements:
 4-1/4" x 11" Poppy Parade card stock, scored at 5-1/2" 
4" x 5-1/4" Flower & Field Designer Paper (pink/black stripe pattern) 
3/4" x 4" Flower & Field Designer Paper (pink/red floral pattern) 
Scrap True Love Designer Paper (black/white polka dot pattern) for die-cutting 
1/2" x 3" Basic White card stock Scrap Basic White card stock for stamping/die-cutting 
15" Snail Mail Baker's Twine
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a wonderful week!




Product List

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love your pairing the cute chick with that pretty paper. Very creative! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice card. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...