Monday, January 3, 2011

Furever Valentine

First day back at work after two weeks off and I feel like I never left...hmmm...

Fortunately I did enough stamping over the weekend to provide enough blog material for the week.  Today's post is another card I did using the Friends Furever set.  I'm starting to do Valentine-themed cards in preparation for this month's classes and workshops.  So here is one candidate...
Cute Valentine using Friends Furever set and Playdate DSP!

Close up of the little doggie with his Valentine

Sentiment and retired epoxy brads I purchased during the online Clearance Rack Blitz!

Inside of card

Close up of sentiment from the Valentine Defined set in the new Occasions Mini.
I like this card because it is one you could send to pretty much anyone.  I also like that it is clean and simple...something I haven't done much of lately!  Here is what I did:

I started with a small piece of watercolour paper on which I stamped the images using Staz-On ink.  (I had to mask the dog to get the Valentine to look like he was holding on to it.)  I coloured the images using my blender pen and ink pads in real red and basic grey.  I sponged all the way around the edges of the watercolour paper with real red ink and then adhered it to a slightly larger piece of basic gray cardstock.  Then I took a piece of basic gray cardstock and layered the heart patterned paper from the Play Date DSP pack on it.  I then adhered the focal image using dimensionals.  The I added the brads and then adhered the whole thing to a real red card base.  The sentiment is stamped using basic gray ink on whisper white cardstock and is punched out with the medium jewelry tag punch.  I adhered it to the back of the middle brad with a glue dot.
For the inside of the card, I adhered a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of whisper white cardstock to the inside of the card and then added a narrow strip of the DSP along the left edge.  I stamped the sentiment in basic gray, cut it out using my paper trimmer and sponged the edges in real red ink.  I stamped the first part of the sentiment again, inking it with my real red marker, and then punched it out with the word window punch.  I adhered that piece to the basic gray sentiment using dimensionals.  I layered the whole thing on a decorative label punch out in real red, popping it up again with dimensionals.  Then I glued the whole thing inside my card.

This was a quick and easy card, even with the bit of colouring and masking.  It may just make my monthly card class line-up!  Tomorrow is my team meeting, so I likely won't have time to post, but I'll be back on Wednesday with more Valentine ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job watercolouring!
    Great card for a workshop! Simple yet impressive!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...