Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Occasions Mini is LIVE!

The brand new Occasions Mini catalogue is now live and available for ordering.  Check out the latest offerings from Stampin' Up and call or email to place your order...or order online 24/7!  Don't have a copy of the mini  yet?  Either click on the image to the left to view the pdf version or email me  and I will send you a  hard copy FREE!

Now...the mini may be live, but I'm not exactly.  I've come down with some kind of bug that has knocked me flat.  I've spent the last 36 hours pretty much in bed.  It was bound to happen sooner or later...I teach a bunch of sick kids and have a husband and son who have been sick most of the fall.  Not sure how I managed to avoid it till now, but I sure wish I could have a little longer...being sick sucks!  But enough whining from me...on to more interesting things!  Here is another Valentine's card I did.  It is  the complete opposite of yesterday's post...very busy and over-the-top...a typical Victorian Valentine...

Victorian Valentine using Love Letters DSP

Close up of sentiment.  Heart image is from Punch Potpourri (level 1 hostess set).  Amour is from Artistic Etchings set.

Inside of card.  Sentiment is from Watercolour Trio set.
This is another one of those cards I just kept adding stuff to.  I tend to have a bit of an embellishment fettish...can you tell?!?  Even  though I used a ton of stuff on this card I still plan to do it for one of my monthly clubs...there are ladies in this group who will LOVE this card!  It may cost me a little, but my customers are worth it!
Anyhow...on to how I put this creation together...
I started by constructing the top note focal point.  I began with a scrap piece of 4" x 5" cardstock...doesn't matter what colour.  I applied a same-sized piece of Big Shot Mulitpurpose adhesive sheet to the cardstock...this essentially turned the cardstock into one big sticker.  Then I cut 1" x 4" strips of different patterns of Love Letters DSP and adhered them to the giant sticker, covering the whole thing.  I took this piece and ran it through my Big Shot with the top note die and viola...an easy-peasy focal point.  I then sponged all the way around the die cut with cherry cobbler ink (though I later realized it should have been ridinghood red, 'cuz that's the red in the  DSP...doh!).  I wrapped a piece of cherry cobbler seambinding ribbon around the die cut and tied a basic knot.
On a separate piece of very vanilla cs, using cherry cobbler ink,  I stamped the heart image from the Punch Potpouri level 1 hostess set.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Artistic Etchings set in Versamark, heat embossed it in black and then punched the whole thing out using my full heart punch. I sponged around the edges using cherry cobbler in and then I punched out another heart in cherry cobbler to layer behind it. I then remembered I had a little heart embosslit that layers perfectly behind the full heart punch outs.  I ran it through my Big Shot with black  cardstock and then layered the die cut behind the other two hearts.  To finish it off I took a little scrap of Chantilly lace trim, stuck an antique brad through it and added it to the hearts.  Then I added a large pearl to the centre of the brad.  I adhered the whole thing to the top note die cut using dimensionals.
To construct the card base, I started with basic black and then layered a piece of very vanilla cardstock, that I had punched with my eyelet lace edge punch, over top.  I then punched a narrow strip of red DSP using my scalloped border punch, layered that behind a larger piece of black DSP that I punched with my scalloped edge punch and then adhered over the very vanilla layer.  I then adhered the top note piece to completed the cardfront.  As a finishing touch I added more pearls on the points of the top note...I just couldn't resist!
For the inside of the card, I took a 4 x 51/4" piece of very vanilla cardstock and sponged the edges in cherry cobbler ink.  I stamped the same heart image in the lower right corner and then stamped the sentiment (from the retired Watercolour Trio set) over top in basic black ink.  I adhered it inside the card and then added a couple of photo corners punched out of the black DSP to finish it off.
A rather involved card, but worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...