Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sale-A-Bration Fun!

Yesterday I held my Sale-A-Bration Open House...and a good time was had by all!  There were two make-n-takes, which I'll share later in the week, as well as some games, prizes and yummy cake (after all, what's a party without cake?!?)  The three hours flew by and, before I knew it, it was over till next year.  If you missed the open house, it's not too late to get in on the Sale-a-Bration fun.  There are still almost 2 months to take advantage of this great promotion, so book your workshop and start planning which sets you would like for FREE!

Now, on to a card!  This afternoon I finally got around to opening up my Springtime Vintage DSP from the Occasions Mini.  I love that paper...so pretty and feminine!  As I looked at it I knew I just had to try a Mother's Day card!  I know, I know, I'm a little early, but it was nice to do something other than a Valentine's card for a change!  Here is what I came up with:

Easel Card using Nature Walk set and Springtime Vintage DSP

All images are from the Nature Walk set

Still in love with those Antique Brads...sentiment is from Tiny Tags set

Sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes set. 
 I created this card with my mother in mind.  She is a garden nut.  She lives on a lake in the heart of cottage country, near Parry Sound,Ontario.  They have several hundred acres up there and my mom as turned a large portion of it into gardens.  She spends the entire summer in her garden, battling the deer who like to nibble on her flowers and the weeds that seem to sprout over night.  And she loves every second of it.  So this card will most certainly be going to her come Mother's Day. 
The format of this one is a little different.  It is an easel card; really easy to make, and a nice change of pace.  The finished size is 4 1/4" square and it folds flat to fit in an envelope.  The nice thing about this particular design is that it could easily be a birthday card or even a sympathy one with a different sentiment.  I am going to use this one for my upcoming Fun Folds Class...check out the Upcoming Events tab at the top of this page!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Love the DSP with your image. #271 following from Stampin Connection.
    www.turtlecreations-papercrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veru pretty. Following through SC. TFS and God Bless.

    Diana
    http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I've got to buy some more of the Springtime Vintage dsp because my first pack is almost gone!

    Following you via Stampin' Connection
    http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Leena. Wow this is a gorgeous card. Love all the details. Your mom will love it. Great job on it. I found your blog through SU Connection site and I added myself as a follower to your blog. You're welcome to take a peek at my blog. I would love to have you visit and become a follower as well ;) :)

    Her is my link: http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I'm following you...
    Amy
    amysstampincreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This easel card is beautiful!!! I'm glad your open house was successful!!

    I'm your newest follower from the thread on SC. I invite you to stop by and follow me as well at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com (#53 on the list)

    Have a super day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to another Canadian! Love this card it is so vintage and sweet. My mom used to love her gardens too and always loves the flower cards I send her. I'm #212 on Chandra's list and hope you pop by and visit me sometime too!

    Penny
    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leena,
    LOVE Mother's Day card!!! It is stunning! I am following you from SC. Stop by when you get a chance!
    Kelli
    www.kellistampinpad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...