Now on to more exciting news...I've been nominated for yet another Stylish Blogger award!! Can you believe it?!? Julz over at Ribbons & Julz let me know today that she has also nominated me. Thank you so much Julz...I am truly humbled and honoured. Please check out Julz's blog...it is also a "stylish blog" and very worth your while to have a look around! So, now I have to come up with 8 more things about myself ...that's going to be tough! I may need time to think on that! First, let me list some blogs that I think are deserving of the "Stylish Blogger" moniker. Here are some that I've recently come across and will certainly be visiting again:
Patti at What are You Inking?
Kari at Stampin' Essentials
Sabriena at Little Miss Scrapalicious
Martha at Stampin' Martha
Sandy at Stamping Sanity
Rose at Stamp with Rose
Annie at Love to Make Cards
Jan at Stampin' With Jan
So...now to the hard part...eight things about me...here goes...
1) I am currently in my 16th year of teaching, which means it's all down hill to retirement (and full-time stamping!)
2) I have a younger brother who owns his own business called Aluminate. They do exterior home renovations (siding, windows, doors etc.) If you're in the Cambridge/K/W/Hamilton, Ontario area and need home improvements done, check him out.
3) We have a wonderful Philippina nanny named Flora Mae who is like a member of our family. She has been with us since my son was 18 months old and is a such a sweet and caring person. She keeps my house running when I am off at rehearsals, workshops and classes...I could not do all I do without her!
4) I have an amazing upline named Jamilla Ivits. She introduced me to stamping at a colleague's workshop two years ago and has taught and encouraged me in my stamping journey. She also is a huge supporter of my business. I owe her a BIG thank you!! Please check out her blog.
5) I have registered to take an additional qualifications course to get training to become a guidance counselor. I often have students who need an extra ear to listen or some encouragement to hang in there when the going gets tough and want to have some formal training to deal with the really difficult stuff. It runs online for the months of May and June...so if you don't hear much from me then, you'll know why!
6) I have a wonderful husband who is the most amazing dad and supports me in all the craziness I get myself into. He is even taking a day off work this Friday to drive a van full of teenagers to a music festival for me! He's a prince!!
7) I am turning 40 in June...UGH!
8) As my 40th birthday gift my darling husband (see #6 above) is sending me to the Stampin' Up convention in Salt Lake City, Utah!! I am SOOOOO pumped to go. Can't wait to turn 40 (well...on second thought...)
Ok...that's the best I can do. Sorry there isn't anything earth-shattering in that list (well maybe the turning 40 part)! I have another project to post and will do it tomorrow (as soon as I get the tutorial done!).