Monday, January 2, 2012

Time to start thinking about Valentines...

Now that Christmas and New Year's are behind us it is time to get busy designing Valentines projects!  Today's card is one I designed a while back for a class on watercolouring I am teaching at an upcoming weekend retreat run by my upline.  Check it out...
Sweet Valentine's card using the Greeting Card Kids stamp set with sentiment from Delightful Dozen.
I kept the layout for this card fairly simple because the focus of the class is on watercolouring using different media.  I did add a bit of bling with the silver glimmer paper to highlight the sentiment (have I mentioned how happy I was to see that it is carrying over when the Holiday Mini ends tomorrow??).  I used rose red ink to stamp the sentiment, which is the same shade I used to colour the little girl's dress.  The DSP I used is from the Flirtatious pack.  I layered it on a piece of whisper white cardstock that I embossed using my perfect polka dots folder.  The whole thing is layered on a pretty in pink card base.  Easy and straightforward, leaving lots of time to watercolour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...