Today's technique is Emerging Colours (aka Joseph's Coat). I've featured this technique before. You can see that project HERE. Here is one of my new Twisted projects:
|Thank you card featuring the Everything Eleanor stamp set (124164) with sentiment from Lacy and Lovely (122887)|
So, if you've been dying to create something to send to your granny, or you just love this style and want to recreate it for yourself, here are some tips...
- I started the stamped panel with a piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the flourish from Everything Eleanor in Pear Pizzazz and the flower in Raspberry Ripple.
- I stamped the label from Everything Eleanor over top of the stamped images using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- I sponged (heavily!) all over with Always Artichoke ink. The goal is to cover as much of the stamped images as possible. The clear embossed label will resist the ink. Be sure to wipe off the embossing to remove any excess ink when you're done sponging.
- I used Raspberry Ripple Core'dinations card stock for the background panel and embossed it using the Fancy Fan TIEF. I then sanded it lightly to expose the lighter-coloured core.
- I added a Tea Lace Doily peeking out behind the focal point.
- The sentiment is from the Lacy and Lovely stamp set and is stamped in Always Artichoke in on Sahara Sand card stock. I punched it with the Large Oval punch and layered it on a Scallop Oval punch in Raspberry Ripple.
- There is no short cut for the pearls...each one gets placed on each scallop. Tedious? Yep.