Here's a little something to get your crafting Mojo working this weekend. It is time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist and this time we are all about getting messy with shaving cream! I did this technique with my monthly group this past week and it was such fun! Here is the card I designed for the challenge, which we also made at my class:
|Thinking of you card featuring the Shaving Cream Background technique and using the Hello Lovely, Petite Petals, Flower Shop and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets|
- To create the marbled background, I started by squirting shaving cream (don't use gel...it doesn't work so well) onto a disposable plate. I smoothed it out and then added several drops of Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe reinker. I swirled the ink around into the shaving cream, taking care not to over mix it so that I could still see the two distinct colours. I laid my card stock down into the shaving cream and pressed it down to make sure I picked up as much colour as possible. I removed the card stock and wiped off the shaving cream in a circular motion to reveal the marbled colour beneath. So messy, but so very cool!!
- The gold doily is simply one of the white Tea Lace Doilies that I inked completely with Versamark and then heat embossed in gold...such an easy way to get a golden gilded doily!
- The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and punched with the Decorative Label punch.
- The flowers are stamped in Strawberry Slush and punched with the Pansy (large) and Petitie Petals (small) punches. I added a little touch of gold to each flower by inking the edges with Versamark and then heat embossing in gold.
- Once the marbled background piece was dry I stamped it using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Metallic Gold Encore ink.
On the inside, I stamped a few more flowers in the lower right corner. The sentiment is from the Best of Greetings stamp set (only available till March 31st...get it now!), stamped in Strawberry Slush and punched with the Decorative Label punch. I added a punched flower and adhered it with dimensionals.
So, are you ready to get messy this weekend? Get out the shaving cream and have some fun! Then be sure to link up over at The Technique Twist so we can all see your fabulous creation!