|Encouragement card featuring the Triple Time Technique and the Serene Silhouettes stamp set with sentiment from Blessings From Heaven.|
- I created a mask for the sun using the 1-1/4" circle punch and a Post-it note.
- Starting from the bottom, I sponged Pear Pizzazz for the grass, then added Old Olive and Always Artichoke toward the bottom.
- I then moved to the top and worked my way down with So Saffron, then Crushed Curry, then Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and finally Cherry Cobbler. With each new colour I didn't go quite as far down the page so that I ended up with gradually darker shading from the bottom to the top.
- I removed the circle mask and sponged the sun with So Saffron.
- The silhouette image is stamped in Staz On, as is the sentiment.
- The mats for each layer are just 1/8" larger, which is narrower than most tutorials suggest for this technique. I like the narrower mats, as they don't detract from the image as much.
- I used Naturals White for the card base.
On the inside I stamped the silhouette image again in black Staz On. I also stamped the sentiment from the Trust God stamp set on scrap Whisper Whiteand die cut it using the Squares Collection framelits. I then sponged a bit of So Saffron, Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango to echo the front of the card.
|Inside view with sentiment from the Trust God stamp set.|
I am actually planning to send this card to the principal of my son's school, who is battling breast cancer. She is a wonderful lady who is facing this horrible disease for the second time. I know it will brighten her day to know many are praying for her recovery.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! If you have time to give this technique a try be sure to enter it over at The Technique Twist...we'd love to see your work!
Now for some exciting news!! Project Life has arrived!
A selection of Project Life products are now available for order with more to come in the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue. My box of PL goodies arrived this week and I am SUPER excited to play with them this weekend! I also can't wait to get my hands on the other collections in the new catalogue...so many awesome ideas! You can view the selection of products currently available by clicking HERE. Then contact me or place your order online and get going on preserving those precious memories!
Have a great weekend!!