Monday, May 5, 2014

Florets for Grammy

My son is very close to my mother.  She is his only Grandmother and he simply adores her.  For Mother's Day this year I wanted to make a special card for him to send to her so I pulled out the soon-to-be-retired Fabulous Florets stamp set along with some of the out-going In-Colours.  This is what I ended up with:

Mother's Day card featuring the Fabulous Florets stamp set with sentiment from the (retired) Family Reunion set.
Pretty, huh?  I asked me son if he thought Grammy would like it and his response was "Ohhh, yeah!".  This one took a bit of time but was worth the effort.  I stamped the flowers in Versamark, heat embossed in white and then white-washed each flower and leaf with my Aquapainter and Whisper White craft ink.  Then I used a blender pen and Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple markers to colour the flowers and a Gumball Green marker for the leaves. 



I layered the Top Note die cut on a background that I left just stamped and heat embossed...I liked the way the coloured flowers contrasted with the plain line-art images.  The sentiment is from the long-retired Family Reunion stamp set.  It is one I will likely keep forever, as it has a stamp for just about every family member you could imagine!  I used Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon and a vellum butterfly cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.
A pretty card for a beloved Grammy!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Leena! What a pretty stamp set...how did I miss buying that set?!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...