Now, I will admit, these are not colours I use often...in fact my Perfect Plum ink pad is in almost pristine condition! It was a true challenge for me to come up with a project featuring these colours. Here it is:
|Birthday card featuring the Everything Eleanor, Papillon Potpourri and Simply Sketched (retired) stamp sets, and using the Stampin' Mist ghosting technique.|
Since I had my monthly techniques class this past week, I decided to use one of the techniques we would be doing on my project. We were learning the Stampin' Mist Ghosting technique, so I decided to try it with this colour scheme. Here is how I did it...
- I sponged Whisper White card stock with Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and a touch of Elegant Eggplant ink.
- I spritzed the flourish image from the Everything Eleanor stamp set with Stampin' Mist until it was quite wet. Then I stamped the image on the sponged card stock, allowing the stamp to sit on the card stock for a few seconds before removing it. The flourish image begins to appear and gets more pronounced as the Stampin' Mist dries.
- Once it was dry I stamped the flourish again using Versamark ink, offsetting it from the ghosted image, and then heat embossed in silver.
- The focal piece is layered on a piece of Brushed Silver card stock.
- The butterfly, from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set, is stamped in silver metallic ink on Wisteria Wonder card stock and punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch.
- The background panel is embossed using the Beautifully Baroque TIEF.
- The card base is Wisteria Wonder.
- I used Whsiper White Organza ribbon and pearls I coloured with the Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities by way of embellishments.
- The sentiment is heat embossed in silver and then die cut using the Banners Framelits.
|Inside view with sentiment from World of Dreams.|
I would love to see your take on this colour challenge, so be sure to give it a try and then enter your project over at Sunday Stamps. Have a great Sunday!!