Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sweet Baby Bokeh

I seem to be on a roll with baby cards lately.  It must be because so many people I know are expecting or have just had little ones.   Today I have a baby card I designed for my techniques group this month.

Baby card featuring the Celebrate Today and Itty Bitty Banners stamp sets and using the Bokeh background technique
The cool thing about this design is that people who don't need a baby card can easily change it to a birthday card by simply switching out the sentiment...gotta love versatility!
I have been wanting to play with my new Colorbox Chalk inks (available in the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue) for ages and I finally got my chance.  To create my Bokeh background I began by sponging a piece of Whisper White card stock using the Aquamarine, Rose Coral and Yellow Citrus chalk inks.  I love how easily this ink goes on and the fact that it takes longer to dry gives more time to move the ink around and blend it nicely.  I actually used my heat tool to set the ink once I was finished.  Then I used a circle template I created with some scrap window sheets and the Circles Collection Framelits, a sponge dauber and Whisper White Craft ink to add my light points.  The effect is almost like irridescent bubbles...LOVE it!

To create the balloon, I heat embossed the confetti stars image from the Celebrate Today stamp set in gold on a piece of vellum.  I then die-cut the image using the Balloon Framelits...what an easy way to make a pretty focal image!  I embellished it with gold baker's twine and sequin trim.  The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, is heat embossed in gold and die-cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.  The card front is matted on a piece of Crushed Curry card stock and mounted on a Coastal Cabana card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Cuddles and Kisses (retired)
On the inside, I stamped a couple of the banners from the Celebrate Today set using the Rose Coral and Yellow Citrus chalk inks.  The sentiment is from the (retired) Cuddles and Kisses set and is also stamped in Yellow Citrus.  I have to say I really enjoyed playing with the chalk ink...can't wait to play some more!

Now for this week's Weekly Deals...as always prices are good until Monday at midnight :)

A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Gift Box by Stampin' Up!
A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Gift Box Kit
Price: $19.95 
Sale: $14.96
Decorative Window Gift Box
Decorative Window Gift Box
Price: $5.95  
Sale: $4.46
Extra Large Gift Boxes
Extra Large Gift Boxes
Price: $4.95  
Sale: $3.71
Gusseted Cellophane Bags by Stampin' Up!
Gusseted Cellophane Bags
Price: $5.95 
Sale: $4.46
Lucky You Ensemble -- Digital Download
Lucky You Ensemble - Digital Download
Price: $8.95  
Sale: $5.37
Natural Filter Paper by Stampin' Up!
Natural Filter Paper
Price: $3.95  
Sale: $2.96
Polka Dot Tag A Bag Gift Bags by Stampin' Up!
Polka Dot Tag A Bag Gift Bags
Price: $4.95 
Sale:  $3.71
Sweet Treat Embellishment Cups
Sweet Treat Embellishment Cups
Price: $3.95 
Sale:  $2.96

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable!!!! Love those colors!!!! Such a beautiful bokeh effect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...