Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hello Spring?

Well, here it is March 1st...just a couple more weeks until Spring officially arrives and we're buried in snow and freezing temperatures!  So I decided to make Spring happen in my craft room when designing my project for the new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps:




Here is my project:

Spring card featuring the Painted Petals stamp set with sentiment from the Crazy About You set.
I've already blogged about just how much I love the Painted Petals stamp set, so it likely is no surprise I pulled it out again for this project.  I stamped the stems in Wild Wasabi ink and the blooms in Rose Red, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry, drawing inspiration from the piece of Painted Blooms DSP I used for the background panel.  The tulips are stamped on a Whisper White circle punched with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  I layered it on a 2-3/4" circle cut with the Circles Collection Framelits from Pool Party card stock.

The die cut "hello" is cut from Rich Razzleberry card stock using the Hello You Thinlits.  The word "spring" is from the Crazy About You set and is stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink.  I added a Rich Razzleberry button from my stash, tied with Crushed Curry Baker's twine.  I also used a piece of Crushed Curry Chevron ribbon for the vertical element in the sketch.  The entire card is built on a Rich Razzleberry card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Petite Pairs.
On the inside I stamped more tulips and added a sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set, stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink.

Give this sketch a try...I really had fun with it.  Check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then be sure to post your project so we can all share in your creative brilliance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...