Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Shine

Happy Wednesday to you! I hope you are having a good week. Here it is frigidly cold and snowy...typical January in Canada. Today's project is meant to add a little warmth to this frosty day...

Birthday card featuring the Sunburst Sayings stamp set and coordinating Sunburst Thinlit die.
I have to say, I did a little happy dance when I saw the Sunburst Thinlit dies in the Occasions catalogue. I love the look of sunburst cards but don't so much love the effort that goes into making them.  Can anybody else relate? This card was so quick and easy to make I am adding it to my line-up for my Birthday card buffet next week. I began with a piece of Perfectly Artistic DSP for the background and then die-cut the starburst from Daffodil Delight card stock. I cut the card stock to the same size as the Bermuda Bay card base (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") so that it would extend right to the edge of the card.

The sentiments are from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set. I stamped Shine in Daffodil Delight ink on a 2-1/2" Whisper White circle. I also sponged the edges of the circle in the same colour. I added some toussled silver metallic thread behind the circle and popped it up using dimensionals. The little banner is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink and popped up as well. The clouds are punched from vellum using the Tree Builder punch. I adhered them using a glue stick, which doesn't show through the vellum. The only embellishments are a few rhinestones for some sparkle.

On the inside, I stamped another one of the sentiments from the Sunburst Sayings set in Bermuda Bay ink. Then I used another die-cut sunburst as a stencil and sponged some rays in Daffodil Delight ink.

I hope this sunny card brightens your day a little. Goodness knows I could use a little sunshine this week.

Here are all of the products used on this project:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...