Wednesday, January 27, 2016

So Vintage

Happy Wednesday...half way to the weekend...woohoo! We are heading into exams at school today, so my marking load is going to triple in the next couple of days! I'm thankful I had some stamping time last weekend, because there may not be any for a while ;)
Today I have a fun birthday card for you...

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you may have seen a post over the weekend showing a partially coloured page of flowers and some Stampin' Write markers.  This is what I was making! A perfectly retro birthday card for the former flower child in your life :)

I began with a piece of the black and white floral-patterned DSP from the Neutrals Colour Collection stack.  I used Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist and Bermuda Bay markers to colour each little flower. Then I matted it on a piece of gold foil sheets and added some gold foil flower stickers from the All Boxed Up Kit.  Totally psychedelic, no? It was the perfect backdrop for my tie-dyed VW Bug from the Beautiful Ride set. I achieved that look by filling an aquapainter with rubbing alcohol and using it to pick up colour from my ink pads. I dabbed the aquapainter on the car image until I had the look I wanted. The wheels and windows are coloured with Smoky Slate and Basic Gray inks. I also heat embossed the word Love in gold.

The sentiment is from the That Thing You Did stamp set. I stamped it in Basic Black ink and then fussy-cut it out.  That isn't something I normally do with sentiments, but I really felt like this particular design called for it. I added a little gold glimmer star by way of embellishment.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the That Thing You Did set and added a couple more gold foil stickers. This may just be my hubby's next birthday card!  Hee-hee :)

Here are the products used to created this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...