Sunday, March 13, 2016

Happy Easter Chickie!

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a good weekend. Mine is shaping up to be super-relaxing, as Max and I are at my parents' place for a little R & R by the (still frozen) lake. It's promising rain for our entire visit, but I don't mind a bit...planning to snuggle up by the fire and enjoy some downtime.  It doesn't happen very often! I did pack a bag of stamping goodies too, so I won't get bored ;)

Today marks the beginning of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Check it out:




I thought maybe you could use a little Easter inspiration, so here is the card I came up with:

Easter card featuring the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set with sentiment from the Easter Lamb stamp.
Is that little chick, not the cutest? I love how chubby he is and the sweet expression on his face. To create him I began by stamping the image on a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Basic Gray ink. I used the 2-1/2 circle punch to punch him out. Then I stamped him again on a scrap of Birthday Bouquet DSP and fussy cut just his body. I paper-pieced the DSP image onto the stamped one...so easy and so cute! I used my So Saffron marker to colour in his beak and feet and then layered the circle on a slightly larger Blushing Bride circle die-cut using the Circles Collection Framelits.

The embossed Whisper White background was done by inserting only half of the card stock panel into the Large Polka Dots TIEF...I like the way it mimics the circles in the sketch. I added some 1" circles punched from another sheet of Birthday Bouquet DSP and some little Blushing Bride flowers punched with the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack. The sentiment is from the Easter Lamb stamp...I cut it off and mounted it separately to increase it's versatility. I stamped it in Basic Gray ink and popped up my little banner with some dimensionals and added another little Blushing Bride flower with an It's My Party Enamel Dot. The card is built on a Mint Macaron card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Suite Sayings.
On the inside, I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the sentiment from the Suite Saying stamp set and added another little paper-pieced chick, as well as a couple more punch flowers.

This sketch is super-versatile. Check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and you'll see what I mean. Give it a go and then be sure to share it with us at Sunday Stamps.  Have a great weekend!


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

6 comments:

  1. Leena
    yaay this is so cuutee
    I love the chicken in this DP so so so cuuutee
    and nice using the sketch with that dots and flowers
    you really a stampin up lady
    I have SU but not so much but your card is full with SU stuff
    in Germany SU is expensive also I choose other company
    Leena if you send me that mini flower puncher paper ooh I will scream thaaanks I love that tiny flower Leena so so cuuutee
    I will give you my address if you dont mind..here is my mail addy
    monik1973 at yahoo dot com
    I love your cute card
    see you on my DT card Leena
    hugs
    Monika (Teammate at SS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Leena! super sweet chick....he is adorable...fabulous design with this weeks sketch! hope you have an amazing week!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little chick is just too cute! I love the circle punches and flower punches too, they add the perfect touch. Fantastic card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Easter chick! Great take on this weeks sketch challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leena, I just love this adorable little chick! The polka dots are so fun! What a fabulous card! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and such great color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...