Monday, March 7, 2016

Party Pants

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was fabulous! It was amazing to spend time with my sweet friend Michelle Suit. We laughed, we cried and we stamped...a lot! There might have been some wine involved too ;)



We also worked on some upcoming events we are doing together...yup...you read it right! We will soon be announcing events that Canadian AND US demonstrators and Lovers-of-Stampin' Up will be able to attend. Stay tuned...SO exciting!!
Today I have one of the projects we designed this weekend for my monthly Tri-City Stampers Team meeting featuring one of the new-release Sale-a-bration sets called Party Pants...

Birthday card featuring the Party Pants stamp set
When I told Michelle that I had an idea for a card that featured a pair of pants she directed me to another of our stamping friends France Martin (aka Frenchie). She had posted a video the showed how to create a pair of punch art pants using the Washi Label punch...so simple and so brilliant! I punched two Washi Labels from gold glimmer paper, layered them slightly overlapped and secured with a glue dot. I added a little belt made from the new Metallic Glitter Tape, which is a new, limited-time Sale-a-bration product. I trimmed it into a narrow strip, applied it to my washi pants and added an Iced Rhinestone for a buckle. Talk about party pants...the Disco Era has nothing on these babies!

The Basic Black background layer is embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF. I added a strip of silver Metallic Glitter Tape before adhering it to a thick Whisper White card base. The labels are die-cut uising the Lots of Labels framelits from Whisper White card stock and gold foil sheets. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Party Pants Sale-a-bration stamp set in gold. I added a couple of balloons, punched from silver and gold glimmer paper using the Balloon Bouquet punch and used some coordinating metallic thread to anchor them at the base of the card.

On the inside I stamped another of the sentiments and the balloon strings from the Party Pants set in Basic Black ink. I added some more glimmer balloons because, well, there's just no such thing as too much bling! ;)

Have a fabulous week...last one for me before March Break...wahoo!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...