Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dragonfly Sympathy

I don't know about you, but I really hate making sympathy cards. They always mean someone I care about is hurting, which makes my heart hurt too. That's why I always try to have a few pre-made so that I don't have to associate the sadness of loss with the craft that I love. Today I have a sympathy card I designed for my recent card buffet...

I used some of the gorgeous Inside the Lines Sale-a-bration DSP for the background. That stuff is SO versatile, whether I take the time to colour it or simply use it as a fabulous neutral background. Here I stamped part of the DSP using some of the spatter stamp images from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Rich Razzleberry ink. I also heat embossed some spatters in silver to add texture and shine.

The dragonflly is die-cut from Basic Black card stock using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. I added some silver texture by inking parts of the die-cut with Versamark and heat embossing in silver. I layered the detailed dragonfly on solid vellum dragonfly to give the wings more substance.
The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink. The only embellishment on the front of the card is some black metallic thread.

On the inside of the card I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the sentiment from the Better Together stamp set and a dragonfly from the Dragonfly Dreams set, both in Basic Black.

This simple sympathy card is perfect to have on-hand for when the need arises. If you haven't already done so, be sure to pick up a pack of the Inside the Lines DSP for FREE with a $60 order before Friday, March 31st, or it will be gone forever!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...