Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tools for Dad

Whew...what a crazy whirlwind the past few days have been! The bands from my music department performed at Musicfest Regionals on Friday and came away with two golds and a silver...mighty proud of my kiddos and colleagues! Then my BFF Michelle Suit came for a visit from Virginia and we had a great girls' weekend with lots of stamping, spoiling and fun. This gal is pooped! Thank goodness March Break is only four days away...I need a rest!

Today I have a man-card for you. I designed it for my upcoming all-occasions card buffet later this month using products from the Urban Underground Suite.

The background paper is from the Urban Underground Specialty DSP pack, as is the lighter horizontal strip. I stamped the tools from the Nailed It stamp set twice, once on silver foil card and once on Delightful Dijon. I die-cut them using the Build It Framelits and then paper-pieced the Dijon handles onto the silver tools. This is a quick and easy solution when you don't have time to colour the images. To make the wrench longer, I simply cut it in half and adhered it on the top and bottom of the die-cut sentiment label.

I added some texture using some (retired) Delightful Dijon ribbon from last year's Holiday Catty and a couple of Urban Underground embellishments. I created additional embellishments by die-cutting some screws and nuts from silver foil and added them to accent the sentiment label. The card is built on a Delightful Dijon card stock base.

On the inside I added a Very Vanilla card stock panel on which I stamped several nails, nuts and screws using Basic Black ink, stamped off once. I added a sentiment from the Urban District stamp set in full-strength Basic Black.

I am loving this suite of products so much I am planning a whole class around it for later this spring...stay tuned!




Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...