Saturday, February 24, 2018

Beautiful Brusho

Happy Saturday! Can you tell I'm on a bit of a Brusho kick lately? I just can't get enough of those magical crystals of colour. Today I want to share another one of the projects from my Brush up on Brusho class.

One of the things I love most about using Brusho is that you never really know what your project will end up looking like. It's so much fun to just apply the crystals to some watercolour paper, spritz and then watch the magic happen. When I created this background, I had no plans to use the Beautiful Peacock Sale-a-bration set, but the way the colour ended up spreading somehow inspired me to pull it out. I heat embossed the vines in gold over the darker-coloured areas on the background panel. I really like the flow and the movement they create. The background panel is matted on Old Olive card stock and then adhered to an Island Indigo card stock base.

The focal image peacock is also heat embossed in gold and the sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo ink. I used the Layering Ovals dies to die cut both the image and the gold foil mat behind it. I added some 1/8" metallic gold ribbon and a gold tassel for embellishement.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped some vines in Old Olive ink and little flowers in Island Indigo. I LOVE that teensy-tiny flower...it has to be the smallest stamp in my collection!

If you haven't yet tried Brusho I would encourage you to do so. It is SO much fun to play with and allow your creativity to really grow. Have a fabulous weekend...see you on Monday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful & doesn't look like too much work for a card; see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...