Monday, November 11, 2019

Peaceful Boughs

Today is Remembrance Day, here in Canada. It is a day when we remember and honour those who served in the armed forces to keep our land glorious as free. When I see the turmoil and conflict in other parts of the world I am so very thankful to live where I do and for all who made the ultimate sacrifice so that I and my family may enjoy peace, freedom and prosperity. If you are a member or veteran of the armed forces in any country, thank you for your service.



As we move toward the Christmas season, it is time to start working on our Christmas cards. This week's product of the week is one that I guarantee you will use A TON, as it not only makes beautiful cards on it's own, but also creates fabulous diy embellishments...


I have used this bundle SO much already this season and I absolutely LOVE it! Check out this card I made using it...


One of the things I love most about this bundle is that the stamps and dies coordinate so beautifully. The stamped pine bough images don't fit the dies, but they aren't meant to! They're meant to layer behind the die-cut boughs for depth and texture. On this card I've used both stamped pine bough images and die-cut ones. I used Shaded Spruce ink and card stock, to coordinate with the Wrapped in Plaid DSP I used for the background.


The pine cones are stamped in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake card stock and then die-cut using the Beautiful Boughs dies. That cute little label is also included in the die set!


On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped more Shaded Spruce pine boughs and a greeting from the Itty Bitty Christmas set in Cherry Cobbler ink.

I will be demonstrating this  card and two others using the Peaceful Boughs bundle in tomorrow's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page. Because of an early meeting I have to get to, this week's video will actually start at 4:30 to give me time to get to my meeting. I hope you'll join me live, but if you miss me, you can catch the replay on my YouTube channel or on the Video Tutorials tab at the top of this page.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a spectacular week!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...