Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Nothing's Better Than...

Coffee!! Today is a coffee kind of day. I haven't been sleeping especially well...too much on the brain with concerns about the state of the world and what my job will look like in September...so coffee has been high on my To-Do List lately. The Nothing's Better Than stamp set by Stampin' Up! is the perfect set for the coffee...or chocolate...or cocktail lover in your life. Check out this fun retro-inspired card I made early this morning (while sipping a hot cup of java)...

card for coffee lover

I absolutely adore this stamp set, not only because it was designed by my friend Connie Stewart as part of her million dollar celebration, but also because it has fun retro imagery and sentiments that perfectly suit all of my vices. 

For this card I chose a retro-esque colour scheme of Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam and Petal Pink, along with neutrals Early Espresso and Crumb Cake. The set is photopolymer, which makes the coffee cup and coordinating solid image super-easy to line up. The coordinating Love You More Than dies include some of my favourite word: coffee, cookies and cocktails! 

card for coffee lover

I created the shadow for the die-cut word by tracing the outline of the die on a scrap of Pool Party card stock and then fussy-cutting it out. Such an easy way to make die-cut words really pop! I opted to stamp on Crumb Cake card stock, rather than Whisper White to add some weight to my sentiment and allow it to stand out against the background panel.

card for coffee lover


On the inside of my card I added a Whisper White card stock panel and stamped a steaming cup of Joe in Early Espresso and Petal Pink ink. 

Card for a coffee lover

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using this fun bundle in today's Live @ Five video at 5 pm ET over on my Facebook page. You'll want to be sure to catch the live broadcast, but if you miss me, you  can watch the replay on my YouTube channel shortly afterwards. 

Card for a coffee lover

I am utterly in love with this bundle...and I'll show you why all week long! Be sure to follow me on social media for more inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by this week. Have a fabulous week...and be awesome!


card for a coffee lover


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I love the way you traced the die to make the shadow for the word. Good thinking!
    (Hope you start sleeping better...that can be hard for sure.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...