Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A Sunflower Celebration

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you are enjoying these fleeting summer days. They certainly are getting noticeably shorter...fall is definitely on the horizon. 

One of the best things about this time of year is sunflowers! I absolutely LOVE the gorgeous colours of these happy blooms. The Celebrate Sunflowers bundle perfectly captures the beauty of this season, so I am featuring it all week long. Check out this simple card I made...

sunflower card

Isn't that sunflower image just stunning?? The detail is so amazing that it really deserves all of the attention on this project. I created my background by sponging and blending three late-summer shades of ink: Bumblebee, Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon Cider. I used a die-cut Whisper White rectangle as my foundation and sponge daubers to apply the ink. I absolutely LOVE playing with colour like this! 



sunflower card

I stamped the sunflower in Early Espresso ink, which brings out the amazing detail in the image and contrasts beautifully against the blended background. I added a light spatter of Champagne Mist Shimmer paint with a Water Painter. I matted the die-cut rectangle on Early Espresso card stock and then adhered it to a Very Vanilla card stock matte, embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and popped up with dimensionals. The only embellishment is a hint of Bumblebee Gingham ribbon peeking out from behind the focal image. 


sunflower card

On the inside of the card I simply stamped another beautiful sunflower in Early Espresso ink. I so love the simplicity of this look!

I'll be demonstrating the this card in today's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page. There's nothing like seeing ink blending done live to make you fall in love with the technique! If you are unable to join me live you can catch the replay over on my YouTube channel shortly afterwards. 

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a great week!

sunflower card




Product List

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! I love your blending and placement of the sunflower. I’m ready for Fall and sunflowers! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...