Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Wonder of the Season

 Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. Mine has been CRAZY! I just started a new quarter at school and my workload has quadrupled, I am teaching a 4-level split class, half in class and half online...at the same time! I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going most of the time...my students must think I've completely lost my mind. To say I am exhausted would be an understatement and I have two and a half months to go! Needless to say, I am going to have to cut back on the time I spend on my Stampin' Up!® business and my blog over the coming weeks. It makes me so sad to have to do so, but there just isn't anything left in my tank at the end of the day right now.

That said, I have every intention of continuing my weekly Facebook Live @ Five videos for as long as possible...I love doing them so much! This week I am featuring the Wonder of the Season Suite from the August December Mini catalogue...



Check out this classic Christmas card I made using products from the suite...

traditional christmas card

The images in this suite are just GORGEOUS! The artwork is stunning and they are super fun and easy to colour. For this card I used the Cherry Cobbler combo for the sleigh and the Soft Suede combo and Bronze for the reindeer. The sleigh was first heat embossing in gold before colouring...I love the rich look that results. I stamped the reindeer in Early Espresso ink...I love the way his coat takes on an almost golden hue with the Soft Suede blending. Here is a closer look...

traditional christmas card

The background panel and the banner element were both cut from the same sheet of 6" x 6" Designer Paper. I love that I used almost the entire sheet with very little waste. The sentiment is also heat embossed in gold. I used the 1-1/2" circle punch to punch it out, which layered perfectly over a Cherry Cobbler circle I die-cut using the circle die in the North Pole Wonder set. I layered both on a gold foil medallion, also die-cut with the North Pole Wonder dies. The greenery behind the sleigh are cut from Shaded Spruce card stock using the Beautiful Boughs dies.

On the inside of the Shaded Spruce card base, I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Wishes & Wonder stamp set, as well as some mistletoe sprigs along the bottom in Shaded Spruce ink.

traditional christmas card

I'll be demonstrating this card and two other projects in today's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook business page. If you miss the live broadcast, you can catch the replay shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel. While you're there, please consider subscribing...I'm so close to 1000 subscribers, which is what I need to be able to do live videos on YouTube...something I have been dying to do!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a super week. Stay safe and keep well!


traditional christmas card


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...