Saturday, May 15, 2021

Pansy Petals & a Blog Hop

 Happy Saturday! I hope the weather is a stunning where you are as it is here. FINALLY it looks like spring is truly here to stay and I can start planting my garden and enjoying the outdoors! This is the week I should have been in Maui for the Stampin' Up! incentive trip. Actually, it was supposed to have been two trips...the postponed one from last summer and this year's Elite trip. I was so excited to be able to take my hubby to paradise to celebrate both of our 50th birthdays (his was in November, mine is coming in June). Sadly, Covid had other plans and we aren't able to participate in the trip, as we are still in lockdown here in Ontario. It is so disappointing to miss two hard-earned incentive trips, especially after a year of lockdowns and hybrid teaching. The nice weather sure helps, but I have to admit I'd rather be seeing palm trees outside my window than my neighbor's yard!

But, being home means I am able to participate in this month's Stamping Symphony team Blog Hop! This month we are all about the new catalogue and, since I have been all about pansies this week, I thought I would share a project that we'll be making at my Virtual Catalogue Launch and Bingo event this evening...


pansy patch

Now, one of the challenges when planning a virtual event like this is designing cards that can be made with limited supplies on-hand, as each guest has varying levels of stamping resources. So this card features die-cut blooms from the Pansy Petals Designer Paper pack, some pretty embossing and a stamped sentiment. That way, my guests can simply choose a sentiment from their stash, stamp in a neutral ink and assemble their cards. While it doesn't really showcase the stamp set, it sure does showcase other pretty products. 

I used the Meadow Moments embossing folder to emboss the Basic White background panel and die-cut the edge using the Scalloped Contours dies. I love the way the gingham DSP pattern from the Pansy Petals pack peeks out and grounds the design. The sentiment I used is from the Pansy Patch stamp set and is stamped in Basic Gray ink, but any neutral would work. The oval is punched using the Double Oval punch. I added some Pastel Pearls for a bit of shimmer.


pansy patch

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set in Basic Gray ink. 

pansy patch

While designing cards this way means lots more prep work for me with all of the die-cutting and embossing, it is worth the effort to allow my guests to get their hands on new product and see first-hand just how beautiful they are! I hope my guests this evening enjoy putting this card together.

Now before I say farewell, a reminder to check out the next blog in our hop. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a super weekend!

pansy patch



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are missing the trip Leena but a beautiful project as always.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...