Saturday, October 15, 2022

Perched in a Tree for a Christmas Blog Hop

 Well, hey there! It's been a minute since my last post! To say the start-up at school has been a wee bit rough is an understatement! Our board was the victim of a cyber attack over the summer and it has left things in a wee bit of a mess. That means a ton of extra work for me, as the systems I rely on to do my job efficiently haven't been available. Soooo I've been a bit swamped...BUT today is our monthly Stamping Symphony blog hop and we are all about Christmas! Now, I know it's only October, but we crafters have to start early if we are going to get our cards made and in the mail before the holidays, right? So here's a little inspiration using a bundle from the July-December Mini Catalogue...


How sweet is that chubby little bird?? I coloured him to look like a mourning dove in shades of reddish brown, using the Stampin' Blends Natural Tones collection. The die-cut pinecones and boughs are from the Christmas Pinecones dies and are cut from Evening Evergreen, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake card stock. I cut a scrap piece of Kraft card stock with the Aspen Tree dies, ending up with a partial forest background. I inked the die-cut piece with Early Espresso card stock to darken it down to coordinate with my coloured bird. I layered the die-cut over a piece of Painted Seasons Designer Paper...so glad that one carried over from last year's catalogue!


The sentiment (from one of my favourite carols!) is stamped in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake card stock and then die-cut using the Seasonal Labels dies. I added s bit of twine and a few red rhinestones for some sparkle.


On the inside, I added a layer of Basic White card stock, stamping a sentiment from the Brightest Glow stamp set in Early Espresso ink. I added a scrap strip of DSP to match the front of the card. 

I demonstrated this card in my Facebook live this week. Check out the replay below. All of the measurements for this card are listed in the video description on my YouTube channel.



Now, before you go, be sure to hop on over to Sandy's blog to see what festive fun she has in store!

You are here >> Leena - A La Cards << You are here

Sandy - Lolly & Sand

Barb - JustBStamping

Jen - Stamping with Jen

Laurel - Laurel Davis Crafted


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...