Sunday, November 7, 2010

MIA

I've been MIA for the past few days...sorry about that!  Sometimes having a full-time teaching job, plus 2 part-time jobs, plus the responsibilities of being a mom and wife get the better of me!  I have to prioritize my family and there are days when I just can't get down to my stamping corner to create something to post.  I did manage to find a few minutes last night before I started prepping for this week's workshop and, as seems to be the case when I am pressed for time, I reached for my vintage Christmas supplies again.  Here is what I came up with...
Another Vintage Christmas card using Deck the Halls DSP

This is my first attempt at using Waffle Paper for a project...I like the way it highlights the focal point.

Still loving the seam binding ribbon and those Antique Brads!

Inside of card...sentiment free!
So, last week I mentioned I cleaned up my stamping table and found some goodies buried beneath the mound of scraps.  The red DSP circle with the distressed music notes was one of those little goodies.  I had started to create something with it but gave up when it wasn't going so well.  I decided to try again...and managed to come up with a design that used that earlier element.  Here's what I did:
I started with a 5"x5" Always Artichoke card base.  I cut a 4 7/8"x4 7/8" piece of Cherry cobbler cardstock and then a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of DSP.  I trimmed the corners with my tag corner punch (retired), added a metallice brad in each corner and layered them onto the card base.  For  the focal point, I cut the circle using my clear circle die and my Big Shot.  Then I cut a 1" wide strip of Newsprint DSP (the music notes pattern), which I promptly distressed and crumpled.  I sponged some soft suede and cherry cobbler ink on it to soften the brightness of the paper.  I also distressed the edges of the circle piece and sponged it with soft suede to age it.  I adhered the music note strip to the circle.  I then gathered some always artichoke seam binding ribbon and adhered it above and below the music note strip using SNAIL adhesive.  I tied a bow with another piece of ribbon and attached an antique brad at the centre.  I punched a hole with my 1/16" hole punch and put the brad  through the DSP to secure the bow in place.  Then I took 3/4" strips of Waffle Paper and adhered it around the back edge of the circle using SNAIL, gathering and scrunching as I went. (I have to say this stuff was pretty darned easy to work with!  I think I'm gonna use it more!)  I then trimmed the waffle paper to a uniform width all the way around the  circle.  I adhered the whole focal element to the cardfront using sticky strip...it was  a little heavy and I wanted to make sure it stayed put!  The sentiment is from the Bells and Boughs set and I stamped it in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake cardstock (hmmm...this is making me hungry!), punched it out with my scalloped oval punch and sponged the edges.  I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  For the inside, I stamped the holly image from the Bells and Boughs set in early espresso again on crumb cake.  I trimmed the corners with my tag corner punch and sponged the edges.  I decided not to include an inside sentiment because there are times I have a lot to write and I wanted to leave lots of space for that!  This afternoon we are off to celebrate my brother's  35th birthday.  I have a card for him that I will post tomorrow!  Have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You make blending different elements together sooooo easy!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...