Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Workshop Make 'n' Takes

November is a busy month in so many ways...report cards at school, lots of rehearsals in preparation for lots of Christmas concerts (I am a music teacher...have I mentioned that before?) and tons of holiday card and project classes and lots of workshops!  I have another workshop this week on Thursday and I spent this evening prepping for it.  We are going to do 2 make 'n' take projects:
The package of tags on the left contains 15 simple tags.  The project on the right is a gift card holder.

Gift card holder made using the table setting die and the Dasher A La Carte stamp.

Back of the gift card holder.

Tags using the Gifted and Tags Til Christmas sets.
Both of these projects come together quickly and easily...just perfect for a workshop make 'n' take!  The little bag of tags uses the Noel stamp from the Gifted set.  I stamped it in Real  red on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch.  I layered it  over a 2" circle punched from Candy Cane DSP.  The other two tags, not visible in the photo (sorry...I had sealed the bag before I remembered to take a picture!) use the snowman and the pine bough stamps from the Tags  til Christmas set.  They are stamped in Baja Breeze and Wild Wasabi respectively and are also punched out and layered on coordinating patterns of Candy Cane DSP.
The second project is a little gift card holder I made using the table setting die and my Big Shot.  I folded the die cut and wrapped some brushed silver card stock around the fold to hold the pocket together.  I stamped the Dasher image in versamark and embossed it using silver embossing powder.  I then punched it out using a 2" circle punch and layered it on a large scalloped circle punched from brushed silver.  Prior to adhering the image I wrapped a piece of Marina Mist satin ribbon around the pocket and secured it with SNAIL adhesive.  I then adhered the Dasher image using dimensionals.  I added a single little rhinestone jewel to the antlers for some sparkle.  To add a little more sparkle and  to facilitate hanging it on the tree I created a loop with the wired silver tinsel and adhered it to the top of the tag using another piece from the table setting die and a shimmer brad.  The back of the gift card holder has a little tag to address to the recipient.  This is another example of a project that took much longer to explain than it did to make!  I'm hoping my guests at  my workshop will like these fun projects!

1 comment:

  1. Love the tags! And the gift card holders are a great idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...