Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another Nursery Suite Easter Card

Hi...remember me?  I know it's been a few days...sorry for my neglect of my poor blog of late.  Between being so sick last week and trying to play catch up this week while also doing three workshops in as many days, along with report cards, parents' night and the Literacy Test at school, there just haven't been enough hours in the day to fit in time for stamping or blogging!  Today's card is one that I actually made a while back when I was experimenting with the Nursery Suite DSP and Easter card ideas.  It is one I did that uses a different, but equally spring-like, colour scheme...

Easter card using Nursery Suite DSP and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the inside of this one!  You'll just have to use your imagination...or leave a comment as to what you think I might have done inside!
So...this card uses almost NO stamping!! Gasp...is is possible?!?  Yes, my loyal readers, it is.  The only stamped element on this card is the sentiment.  Those cute little bunnies are one of the patterns in the Nursery Suite pack.  You may also be wondering which Stampin' Up! punch creates that pretty scalloped border...surprise...it is also part of the DSP pack.  I just love it when I can create something cute without a lot of fuss.  Here is what I did...

I cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of the regal rose/baja breeze, pear pizzazz, chocolate chip patterned paper for the background.  I then cut a 4" x 1 1/2" strip of the scalloped square piece of die cut paper and adhered it to the left side of my background piece.  I wrapped a piece of baja breeze seam binding ribbon around it and secured the ends with glue dots.  I then threaded a leftover baja breeze XL designer button I had left from the holiday mini with anothe strip of seam binding.  I tied it to the strip I had adhered to the card and then tied a knot to secure the button.  I then cut a 3" x 2 1/2" piece of the bunny patterned paper, making sure I got six whole bunnies on the piece I cut.  Again...I didn't want to dismember any bunnies in the creation of this card.  I layered the bunnies on a slightly larger piece cut from the scalloped square die cut piece I used earlier.  I adhered the bunny panel using dimensionals.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set on a scrap of pear pizzazz cardstock, punched it out with my word window and layered it on a modern label in chocolate chip.  I also adhered that using dimensionals.

Voila...quick and easy...now if only the rest of my life were that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...