Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting there...

Well, we're making progress.  My son is pretty much back to normal (why do kids bounce back so much faster than the adults in their lives?), and my hubby and I are at least able to sit up for longer than 5 minutes at a time!  Whew!  This one was a doozy!!  I'm off work again today in the hope of being able to return tomorrow.  Lousy timing for all of this...I had to cancel a workshop last night and am missing an important meeting today.  Ah well, I'm sure the others who were at both events would have rather I didn't bring my germs to contaminate them all!
Now, enough whining...here is a cute card I made last week for my sister-in-law who is expecting her first baby in September.  The design for this card is not my own...I CASED it from Ellen Kemper's blog.  You really need to check her out if you haven't already!  I made a couple of changes to the arm and hand, which I'll explain below.
Punch Art Mommy-to-be
Ah...I remember those days well...days of huge bellies and swollen feet.  Not anything I miss, let me tell you!  The how-to assemble this preggo lady is on Ellen's blog here.  I made just a couple of changes to the arm and hand.  For the arm, I used my photo corner punch by punching once and then repunching around the first hole.  I then trimmed the corner, rounding it slightly so it looked a bit more like an elbow.  For the hand, I punched the little flower from the Itty Bitty punch pack and trimmed it so that only three petals were left.  The rest is a complete CASE from Ellen...she is a genius!!

The assembly of the actual card is pretty straightforward.  The DSP is from the Nursery Suite pack.  The "o Baby" sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny wishes set (Hello Baby stamp) and I just coloured the part of the stamp I wanted with my pear pizzazz marker.

On the inside of the card (no photo...sorry!) I stamped a bunch of baby gear from the Baby Bundle set around the outer edge of the card in pear pizzazz ink and then stamped the "So Happy for you" sentiment from the SAB set of the same name.

My SIL loved it.  It was the first baby-related card she had received.  I gave it to her with a couple of books that I found really helpful during my pregnancy.  Can't wait to spoil this little one silly!

3 comments:

  1. Wowzers, this is sooooooooo cute! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leena, she looks great - and your substitute arm punch is perfect. There are many ways to get to the same place. Great punchin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is fabulous so many great cards.
    I'm your newest follower from SC...

    Peggy Finney
    www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...