Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back to Christmas stamping!

Well, I was able to take a bit of a break from Christmas cards over the last week or so but now I have to plan this month's Christmas Club projects, so I am back in holiday mode.  Today's card is one I did as I was searching for a way to use the Snow Much Fun set from the main catty in a way that didn't require watercolouring.  I need my projects for the Christmas Club to be fast and relatively simple so that we can get our 12 cards done in 3 hours!  Watercolouring, while not difficult can be time consuming, so I needed a design that could stand without it.  This is what I came up with:
Holiday card featuring the Snow Much Fun set and sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Inside of card
What do you think?  I am fairly happy with it, except I should have stamped the snowman on the front full strength, rather than stamped-off like I did.  He's a bit too pale!  I covered him with iridescent ice embossing powder to make him sparkle...looks kinda like he's in a snow storm!  The DSP I used is from the Frostwood Lodge suite in the new Holiday Mini and the scalloped circle I used to thread the ribbon through is from the Perfect Pennants die.  I used confetti white cardstock as the base for this card...I just like the little hints of colour and texture it adds.  I also used some of those adorable mini jingle bells from the mini...they ACTUALLY jingle!  Too cute!
Enjoy your long weekend...last one of the summer!  How the heck did that happen?!?  I am trying to psych myself up for Tuesday and the crazy schedule that goes with it...so far its not working!  Good thing I have two more days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Leena what an awesome card. If I was in your stamp club I'd love to make it! The rich ribbon, DSP and card stock on the front of the card more than carry the silhouette of this stamp. Perfect! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...