Monday, May 27, 2013

Fashionably Late Sketch Inspiration

Well, there goes another weekend!  How is it that they just seem to fly by?!?  I had a To-do List a mile long and barely got through any of it.  Ah, well, there's always next weekend...
Check out this  card I made for a colleague who recently celebrated a birthday.  I was late getting it to her...what else is new??  I used this month's sketch for my layout.

The Sketch


Birthday card featuring the Best of Birthdays stamp set.
I have to say I really like this card!  I sure hope I get something similar on my big day in a few weeks.  I started with some texture Pool Party card stock I had sitting in my stash.  I paper-pierced the label shape using my piercing template...love those things!  I die cut the dress form from Early Espresso card stock and then stamped and heat embossed the flourish from the Creative Elements stamp set in Pool Party.  I used both Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon and some Victoria Lace Trim in behind the dress form to add a bit of a girlie touch (my colleague is definitely a girlie-girl).  I stamped the greeting in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla card stock and then punched it out using my XL oval punch.  I stamped the same image again using Pool Party ink and then fussy cut out the banner, which I layered on the Crumb Cake image using dimensionals.  I added some bling and a flower from the Vanilla Flower trim (which I cut down to a smaller size) to the dress form.  I think this design will find it's way into a class in the not-to-distant future.  I love it!
On another note...there are just four more days until the brand new 2013-14 Annual Catalogue goes live!!  I am so excited to get my hands on all the fabulous new products in that amazing new book.  To celebrate I am holding my 3rd Annual New Catalogue Open House coming up this Saturday.  If you haven't already, be sure to confirm your attendance by Thursday.
Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...