Thursday, June 13, 2013

D-Day

Today is the day we will find out if our efforts to raise enough funds to save my son's school from closure have been enough.  At 4:00 pm this afternoon the school will announce the final totals.  We all are on pins and needles waiting.  This has been one of the most difficult periods ever for our family and many others who love this school.  Through it all we have been clinging to the knowledge that everything happens for a reason and that though we may not understand at the time, all will be made clear one day.  With that in mind, I made this card:

Encouragement card featuring the new Really Good Greetings and Dictionary stamp sets.
I used the Puzzle Piece Emboss Resist technique on this card...in fact we'll be making this tonight at my monthly techniques class.  I used the new Backyard Basics Framelits to die cut the butterfly...love that set!  I also used the Chalk Talk Framelits for the label behind the sentiment.  I am very quickly falling in love with the new Chevron ribbon...so elegant!  I used it here in Smoky Slate, which pairs perfectly with Coastal Cabana for a calming, serene pallette.
I will let you all know tomorrow what the decision is.  I know several of you have generously made donations and for that I am truly grateful.  If you haven't donated and are willing and able you can do so by clicking the DONATE button HERE.
Thank you...please keep my son and our family in your prayers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...