Today is the first day of a brand-new month, which means it is time for a brand-new challenge over at The Technique Twist. This time we are Double Stamping. Now I have only ever heard of this technique referred to as masking, but now I've learned a new name for it! Here is my card:
|Wintery card featuring the Double Stamping technique using the Best of Snow and Festive Flurry stamp sets.|
- starting with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the Let It Snow label using Bermuda Bay ink.
- I punched a bracket label (the same shape as the stamped image) out of a post-it note and stuck it over the stamped label to mask it.
- I stamped the larger snowflake in Pool Party ink randomly over the card stock.
- I stamped the smaller snowflake in Coastal Cabana randomly all over the card stock
- I stamped the larger snowflake again using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with Irridescent Ice embossing powder.
- At this point I remove the post-it note mask.
- I sponged along the edges of the stamped card stock using Pool Party ink.
- I layered the stamped card stock on a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Bermuda Bay card stock and then adhered the whole thing to a Smokey Slate card base.
- I die cut a snowflake frame from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Festive Flurry framelits and adhered it over the label using Dimensionals.
- I added a little red bow made from 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Real Red.
- I added a little extra bling with some strategically-placed rhinestones.
|Inside view with sentiment from the Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set (sadly no longer available!)|
Now I need to take care of some business! Yesterday I held my annual Customer Appreciation Open House. I had a wonderful afternoon visiting with some of my favourite people. It give me great pleasure to annouce the winners of my door prizes (drawn by my expert impartial judge, Max!)...
Winner of the Pop 'n' Place Tags Kit: Pam Radtke
Winner of the Build a Banner and Accessories Kit: Connie Renna
Winner of the Big Shot Magnetic Platform: Chris Light
Congratulations to all!!