Sunday, December 14, 2014

Faux Patina'd Birthday

Happy third Sunday of Advent!  Just a few more days till Christmas.  Today marks the beginning of a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  This one runs for three weeks, so there is plenty of time to play along!  Check it out:




 Here is my project:

Masculine birthday card featuring the Sassy Salutations stamp set and using the Faux Patina technique.
Now when I start to design this project I began playing with the ink colours.  I sponged some Bermuda Bay ink over the Daffodil Delight ink and LOVED the amazing shade of green it produced.  I just knew I had to use it for the Faux Patina technique.  Here is what I did:

  • Beginning with a 4"x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, I sponged Daffodil Delight ink all over it.  Then I lightly sponged on Bermuda Bay ink, blending the colours as I went.  I left some areas a bit more yellow...I liked the depth it created.
  • I ran the sponged card stock through the Big Shot with the Alphabet Press TIEF.  Then I sponged again, lightly, with Bermuda Bay ink to highlight  the raised areas.
  • I lightly ran a Versamark pad over the entire surface, taking care to try to only hit the raised pattern.  I sprinkled on gold embossing powder, shook off the excess and then heated it with my heat tool.  I love the way it turned out!

The star image from the Many Merry Stars set.  I stamped it in Versamark ink on Soft Suede card stock and then heat embossed in gold.  I die cut it out using the Stars framelits.  This brings me to my little clock embellishment.  It is from the long-retired Tea Time Trinkets.  I wanted something in gold, but the trinkets in that set are silver, so I took matters into my own hands.  I mashed the little clock into my Versamark pad and then dunked it into my pot of gold embossing powder.  I heated it and...voila...a gold clock!!

Cool, huh??  Remember this little trick the next time you need the perfect embellishment ;)
The rest of the card is pretty simple...I stamped the sentiment from Sassy Salutations in Bermuda Bay ink and trimmed it into a pennant.  I added a few In-Colour sequins to add a little more bling. The card front is mounted on a Soft Suede card base.

Have a wonderful Sunday!






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...